Repairing Soil Subsidence with Soil Stabilization and Chemical Grouting
Stabilizing soils for repairing soil collapse and soil subsidence
Soil Subsidence can cause severe damage to foundations. The collapse of the soils can lead to the downward movement of a foundation, resulting in unlevel slabs and cracked foundations. This is why treating subsidence is important and that is why CST offers a cost-effective repair solution.
Polyurethane Chemical Grouting is a non-invasive solution for treating subsidence. The polyurethane stabilizes and densifies the soils by filling the annular voids and space. The polyurethane is a highly-dense, specially formulated structural polymer that has significant weight-bearing capacity and foundation lifting capability.
The polyurethane chemical grout has a small footprint and can be injected through holes that are smaller than a nickel. Once the polymer is injected, it quickly travels and expands through the soil, identifying it and increasing weight-bearing capacity. The stabilization process prevents additional soil collapse and mitigates against settlement.
A major symptom of soil subsidence is developing cracks in walls. The cracks are thicker than hairline cracks and may be found in the plaster or brick work outside. Common soil subsidence indicators are:
- Cracks appear in the brick, concrete, walls, and floors
- Floors become uneven or are tilted
- Unexpected structural damage occurs
- Doors and windows do not open/close properly
- Gaps appear between frames and doors/windows
- Structure appears to lean to one direction more than expected
- Water starts to run in the wrong direction in the sink or bath
- Drains work poorly or not at all
- Chimney stack or chimney breast shows sign of leaning and cracks
Benefits of Treating Soil Subsidence
- Extends building’s useful life
- Restores structural stability of the roof, walls, and operational use of doors and windows
- Building value is maintained or potentially increased
- Prevents future building settlement and damage
- Can prevent or repair against tripping hazards or other safety hazards
WHY CHOOSE US?
HONEST AND DEPENDABLE
We ensure that our team operates with the highest level of integrity and diligence, to ensure our projects are completed to the highest levels of quality and customer service.
We are the most experienced provider of Polyurethane Soil Stabilization applications, including solutions like concrete leveling, water control, carbon fiber concrete reinforcement and soil swelling mitigation and trenchless sewer repair. We place great emphasis on research and design and continuously innovating our applications and the foundation lifting industry.